Julia and Libby are sisters hailing from New Zealand who are lovers of everything that nourishes the body, mind and soul. They believe that beauty starts from within and food can be used as medicine in order to keep us healthy. Their approach to health is connected to both their educational study of the subject and their personal beliefs on the lifestyle it creates.
The sisters love to create recipes using whole food with minimal processing, full of nutrients to keep you feeling your best. The recipes are easy to follow and the girls love putting a twist on old classics and dreaming up new creations using some of their favorite foods. All recipes are free of refined sugar, most are dairy free, gluten free and vegan. You can check out their blog here: www.juliaandlibby.com
To celebrate the launch of Collection Cosmetics NEW Lasting Colour Lip Range (RRP $16.50 each), Julia and Libby have created a Peach & Apple Pie recipe inspired by Pretty in Peach their favourite lipstick colour from the range!
"We love the new Collection Cosmetics ‘Pretty in Peach’ lipstick so much we’ve whipped up a delicious Peach and Apple Pie recipe in its honour. This is a brand we discovered at the supermarket and love how affordable it is (the lipsticks are $16.50) and our favourite part is its not tested on animals.
Collection Cosmetics is from the UK and is sold throughout New Zealand at Countdown Supermarkets.
This Peach and Apple Pie is sweetened using maple syrup, cinnamon and the natural sugars from the peaches and apple. It is slightly tart from the lemon zest and the crust is crunchy from the walnuts and desiccated coconut. It is perfect to have during summer and easy to make.
- 4 peaches, seeds removed
- ½ cup chia seeds
- 3 tablespoon maple syrup
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 green apples, core removed, cut into quarters and thinly sliced
- Cinnamon to dust on top
- 200 grams walnuts
- 1.5 cup desiccated coconut
- ½ cup dates, pitted
- 3 tablespoon extra virgin coconut oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 organic eggs
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Grease a tart tin with coconut oil.
- In a food processor blend the peaches with the chia seeds, maple syrup and lemon zest. Pour into a cup or bowl and set aside for 15 mins to form a gel.
- To make the crust, pulse all of the crust ingredients in a food processor until they resemble a crumbly mixture that is slightly sticky. Press into the tart tin base and up the sides of the tin. Cover the base of the crust with half of the green apple pieces. Spoon all of the peach mixture on top of the apple layer.
- Place the remaining sliced apples on top.
- Bake in the over for 25 to 30 minutes. Take out of the oven to cool slightly before serving.
- Dust with cinnamon. Best served with a dallop of greek or coconut yoghurt
Enjoy, J&L x"